The Cape Town International Airport is ranked the third busiest airport in Africa and is approximately 20km, or a ten-minute ride, from Cape Town’s city centre. This world-class airport handles more than 9,7million domestic and international passengers annually.
Flight Time to Cape Town
|Travel Time||Flights per Day|
|Flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town||2h 10min||34+|
|Flights from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town||1hr 30min||5+|
|Flights from Durban to Cape Town||2hr 15min||8+|
|Flights from Bloemfontein to Cape Town||1hr 40min||2+|
|Flights from Kimberley to Cape Town||1hr 35min||11+ per week|
|Flights from East London to Cape Town||1hr 45min||4+|
|Flights from George to Cape Town||50min||3+|
Flights to Cape Town
The Cape Town International Airport offers both local and international flights to and from Cape Town.
Airlines that Fly to Cape Town
Some of the world’s reputed airlines offer flights to Cape Town services to passengers some of which include:
- South African Airways
- British Airways
- Mango Airlines
- Kulula Airlines
- SA Express
All of the usual airport conveniences are available to travellers around the clock.
Cape Town Airport
Airport Contact: tel: +270219371200
The ground transportation at Cape Town International Airport is commendable with the bus, taxi and car hire services.
- Car Hire: Should you wish to hire a car, a huge selection is available from Hertz, Avis and Thrifty
- Uber: This international taxi service is widely available to you all over the city, highly recommended.
- Bus: MyCiti bus rapid transit offers convenient and inexpensive transportation from the airport to the heart of Cape Town city center.
At Cape Town International Airport there is a wide range of products to shop ranging from books, clothing, fashion accessories, African arts and crafts, health and beauty products.
The airport’s terminal buildings have retail points where products can be bought duty-free.
Cape Town Weather
Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate that has dry and warm summers and mild moist winters.
The city has the sun shining throughout the year and goes on up to 8:00 pm making it suitable for those who love basking in the sun extend their joyous moments at the beach.
Best Time Of Year To Visit Cape Town
- The best time to travel to Cape Town is between January and the end of April when the city’s dry summer season is coming to an end.
- May to August is autumn and winter in Cape Town, and the weather is traditionally a lot more moderate, and unpredictable than in summer.
- Cape Town has a temperate climate with warm conditions from October to April.
Cape Town Main Attractions
There are several attractions to choose from which range from
- Table Mountain National Park,
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Robben Islan
- District Six Museum
- Castle of Good Hope
- Table Mountain Aerial Cableway
- Cape Town Stadium
Cape Town Accommodation
For Accommodation, choose from The Best Hotels in Cape Town